On November 26, 2018, pharmaceutical transaction information will no longer be allowed on paper. Transaction information must be available electronically. Also in November 2018, a product identifier must be on the label of each case and individual product.
As a reminder, the following product transaction information is required and has been since the 2015 deadline:
The document must include transaction data listing lot level information. The documentation must be kept for six years.
Required Transaction Information:
- Name of product
- Strength and dosage of product
- National Drug Code number of product
- Container size
- Number of containers
- Lot number of product
- Date of the transaction
- Date of the shipment, if more than 24 hours after the date of the transaction
- Business name and address of the person from whom ownership is being transferred
- Business name and address of the person to whom ownership is being transferred
Thank you for reading "Explaining the November 26, 2018 deadline". If you have more questions, feel free to consult other articles in InfiniTrak's Self Service Portal, send us a message via the "Support" button at the bottom of your screen, or give us a call at 1.844.463.4641.